depo shot
So I started my depo shot about 6months ago im due on september 30th 2012 which is soon. When I started which was I think around April I dont remember the exact date. But iv had a normal period, I didnt gain weight, I actually lost 20 pounds after being on it but recently iv gained 10 pounds and a little depressed and out of place and I missed my period this month, The month of september 2012 before im due for my next on the 30th. Is this normal? iv been really scared of being pregnet, iv been having dreams about it too. Im scared to take a test. I just wanna know im okay and not pregnet.
Depo vera injections keeps the ovaries in a dormant stage for 3 months so there is no ovulation taking place. The chances of pregnancy are very less. This method is almost 99.7% effective.Depo vera may cause menstrual irregularities and at times may stop it completely. Weight gain is common on depo so watch your diet and start exercising. Take up urine pregnancy test to clarify your doubt. I hope it helps.
Take care and regards!