Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
depo

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

depo
I just got off depo didnt go for my last shot witch was 8-2-12 was when I had to go but didnt go beacuse I want to get pregnant...a week when I got off depo I was spotting on and off for like two weeks then it stoped then I started feeling sick stuff at work that never disgusted me started to make me sick the smell of blood made me sick I was on a diet pill and I had to stop taking it cus it made me more sick taking it my breast have been hurting and ive been going pee a lot more then I usualy do last night I bleed when me and my husband did it ..is this beacuse of the depo I know iam not pregnant cus ive taken pregnacy test and they have came out negative whats happening??
Hi!
IF you were my patient, I would advise you that your symptoms probably ARE related to stopping the Depo recently.  Certainly irregular bleeding is common.  Also, the Depo suppresses hormone levels, and many women feel breast tenderness and even pregnancy-like symptoms when their hormones are starting to head back to normal.
Good luck!
Dr B