Birth Control (Contraception) Community
depression anxiety from birthcontrol

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

depression anxiety from birthcontrol

Hey guys,
I am currently taking Levlen ED 150mg, and have been for about 9 months now.
About 4 months ago i had to go on antibiotics and was not able to take my Pill for 10 days. By the time I was able to take it again my period was 2 days in. I experienced a miscarriage because of this during my next period which was 3 weeks long. (this being in January)
Everything seems to be okay with my period now, its regular and normal flow and such.
The main thing that is bothering me is my mood swings. I obviously understand having mood swings before my period, but afterwards doesn't make sense.
I have just finished my period 4 days ago and my mood is a roller coaster. I have been angry and upset and happy all with in a span of ten minutes. last night i ended up punching my wall then crying when my partner asked if i wanted to watch a movie. I just don't understand what is happening. =/

Sorry for dragging on but my main question is...
Are my mood swings due to my Pill? Or is there another reason I'm so up and down?
Please help, any advice is welcomed.
Such symptoms can be due to depression caused by the pills. You should consult your gynecologist and get the form of birth control changed to some other birth control.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.