Birth Control (Contraception) Community
does Birth Control help Anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

does Birth Control help Anxiety

Hi..I have had horrible periods since I was 13(heavy bleeding, throwing up, horrible pains)I was on Natural progesterone pills(Bioidenticle) for almost two years and I never became balanced or really any better except maybe a couple months through the whole process. I have also been suffering with anxiety. The hormones were suppose to alleviate the anxiety but I finally got off the pills because they weren't working and I still have anxiety. Does anxiety and a hormonal imbalance have anything to do with each other? I heard by taking birth control that it really does the trick by regulating your periods and getting rid of the emotions that include anxiety.Is this true?
Funny. I am on her looking up the same question. My anxiety gets really bad during my period, so I asked mygyn to call in a prescription for birth control and he said it couldnt hurrt. Well, I looked up the name (ortho tri cyclen lo) together with the word anxiety and everyone said it made their anxiety worse. Thank God I looked it up. Pls let me know if you find any answers that may help. Im at ***@****. And I will do the same for you. Take care, Maria