Birth Control (Contraception) Community
does implanon affect fertility?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

does implanon affect fertility?

I had an implanon from the 6th of January 2011 and had it removed early March. During that time, I was not getting my periods normally. I would get spots for about 5 days and alot of backache.
After removal, my boyfriend and I started trying for a baby. We already have a 2 year old daughter. Problem is, I don't think I ovulate. My cycle keeps changing. For example, April, and may, they were 31 days, June, 24 days then July, August, 29 days. My latest cycle has been 24 days again and this time, less bleeding and no cramps. (I always get cramps before my period). Is this normal? If its not, how can I resolve it?

Am desperate, thanks
You seem to be having irregular periods after getting the implant removed. Try having intercourse close to ovulation. Ovulation occurs around 14-16 days of cycle and ovum dies after 24 hours but the sperm can remain active inside up to 3-4 days.

You can note down few signs of ovulation like during ovulation the cervical mucus(discharge) increases and is of watery or raw egg white consistency; there is increase in basal body temperature; breast tenderness. It can be detected by an OPK (Ovulation predictor test kit) which is tested with the help of urine.

I hope it helps. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.