Birth Control (Contraception) Community
dont know what to do

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

dont know what to do

I have been on the pill for about four months but on the third day of the pack I forgot to take it at six or seven the morning like I usually do, I ended up taking it at three or four that afternoon. Then exactly nine days later my boyfriend and I had sex. (and used condoms). Is it true that if you forget a pill and take it for seven days it's like you never missed it? I took it five more days,correctly after sex. So, I should be ok even though I missed a pill in the beginning,right? Second the sixth day after sex, today, I forgot my pill and then it popped out of the pack and I can't find it should I just take the one for tomorrow?
Tags: birth control the pill sex
Firstly since you took the pill at a different time and did not forget taking it and you had protected sex with condoms, chances of pregnancy are less. Secondly if you forget a pill then you should take it as soon as you remember and then follow on with the other pills as scheduled. Hence you can take a pill and then take the remaining pills one by one everyday from the next day.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.