Birth Control (Contraception) Community
first pill pack took an antifungal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

first pill pack took an antifungal

The second week of my first pack on birth control and I took a antifungal yeast infection pill that I found out effected my birth control me and my boyfriend thought we were safe and had unprotected sex three or four times what's the chances ill become pregnant my period was Sept 12 when can I take a test?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Anti-Fungal Medications for yeast infections can lower the effectiveness of the birth control pill. They can result in decreased efficacy of the pills and can lead to pregnancy but the chances are very less. You should have used another back up method while on antifungal for effective contraception. You could wait for your next expected date of periods. In case you miss your periods take up urine pregnancy test after   a couple of days of your expected day of periods. I hope it helps.
Take care and regards!