Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
getting pregnant after using nexplanon

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

getting pregnant after using nexplanon

Hey! I have only been using the nexplanon for 5 months, my husband and I have decided to try for our second baby. With our first I was on the othroevra patch, we decided we wanted a baby, wo I took it off. And I found out I was pregnant exactly 5 weeks from taking it off. So it happened very fast.
I was wondering if anyone has had the nexplanon and taken it out and has gotten pregnant rather fast?
I know its weird but we are wanting the baby to have a feb. Birthday, so we want to get pregnant in May.
I also don't get the nexplanon taken out till May 15th
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the effects of Nexplanon can last for up to 18 months.  You will know when the effects have worn off when your cycles become regular--that suggests that ovulation is occurring.  For some women this is immediate, so it IS possible to conceive right away if you are lucky.  
Good luck!
Dr B