Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
help

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

help

Need help!!! Was on injection for nearly 3 years but decided to come off and go on the pill for a change. Didn't have a period throughout my time on the injection. Started my pill on 29 march(when my injection was due) but day after had unprotected sex. What's the chances of me getting pregnant? Please help
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that if you started your pills at the same time as you would normally have taken your injection, the chance that you would ovulate and become pregnant should be very small.  Your period may be somewhat irregular when it does resume, so you may have some nerve wracking days ahead.  I would suggest using a backup method of protection such as condoms in addition.
Good luck!
Dr B
I was advised to take the pill the day the depo was due so I did.
Just very scared of falling pregnant due to not using protection the day after my pill started.