Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
im so confused and I need help!

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

im so confused and I need help!

I am 16 days late for my cycle. my last cycle was March 6th. I have taken pregnancy test and they have all been negative. I actually have a couple of questions.
1. is it possible that I am still pregnant?
2. could I have ovulated weight and gotten pregnant then?
3. can you go a month without a cycle
at all?
4. should I keep taking pregnancy test until I get a positive or my af?
thank you very much for your answers. I really appreciate it because I am so lost right now.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that 1. It is unlikely that you are pregnant currently if all tests are negative 2. It is possible that you didn't ovulate at all this cycle, and that is why you haven't had your period 3. You can go a month without a cycle, this is not too uncommon 4. I usually suggest doing weekly pregnancy tests until either the test is positive or your period comes whichever comes first.  Obviously there would be a limit to this--I would suggest speaking with your doctor after 4-6 weeks.
Good luck!
Dr B
Thank you.
I was 12 days late and I was freaking out. How did you manage to stay calm all those times?  I took another pregnancy test a wk after AF was gone and I got a negative. Then another one after another wk. Also it was a negative. Should I be worried that I might be pregnant? I've never been on pills. The only form of contraception we use is condom. it would be nice to here from you all.