Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
implanon

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

implanon

I have had the implanon for over 2 years now and its due out in march .
I get iregular periods and syometimes I would be on for over 2 weeks and get a brown sticky substance afterwards that's lasts for a week or so and its really making me.feel discusting and getting in the way of my sex life
Can you help x
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the brownish discharge you are experiencing is probably blood that is being slowly discharged.  A wet mount test could confirm that by showing red blood cells under the microscope.  An option for you might be to take a small dose of estrogen to stabilize the lining of the uterus and reduce the discharge.  You could also opt to have the Implanon removed a bit early and substitute oral contraceptives.  One other option might be a douche.  We don't usually recommend douching more than one time per month at most.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
The implanon is an amazing invention and would advise anyone to get it. I tried to take the pull but it makes me feel sick and it didn't help much. The discharge is really awful it last for ages and its unexpected. I've had tests and I am clear.
I'm always on even when I take the pill

I'm always on even when I take the pill