Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
implanon

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

implanon
Hi I have the implanon birth control and have had it for almost 3 yrs now I and going to get it taken out next month and try for another baby, how long after I have it removed will I be able to get pegnant?
HI!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the effects of Implanon can last from 1-18 months.  You will know when it has worn off when your cycles come back--regular menstrual periods.  For some women that time is short for others it takes FOREVER.  If you fall into that category, contact your doctor to see if he/she can prescribe something to start your cycles again.
Good luck!
Dr B
I had my first deposit shot Nov 7 and my first period going on ten days, is this normal?