Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
inquiring

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

inquiring
I took the mirena our in September 2012. Me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex since October 2012. I keep showing signs of pregnancy but every month my period comes on and on schedule give or take a day. I have took numerous pregnancy test, all coming back negative. I am wondering if I could still be pregnant and it not show up, if not how long will the medicine in the birth control stay in my body?
Hi!
Unless I misunderstood your question, you are having a regular monthly period.  That is a good sign that the medication is no longer affecting you.
It is also a good sign that you are ovulating and should be able to get pregnant.  If you have tried for more than a year without success you should see your doctor about investigating why.  You probably just need a bit more time.  Also, a good rule of thumb to save you some money is not to test unless your period is late.
Good luck!
Dr B