Birth Control (Contraception) Community
is pain after mirena normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

is pain after mirena normal?

so im 22 years old and i had a child at 19 and about four days ago i got the mirena. it was a horrible experience. it hurt and i became dizzy and thought i would faint. i had cramps all that day and through most of the next. yesterday i was alright but today its cramping and sore again. the first night i got it my bf and i had intercourse and i bleed. is bleeding and pain normal? i bleed ALOT when they first put it in.
What you had is post coital bleeding which could have occurred due to trauma to the cervix. It is most commonly seen in vaginal infection like Chlamydia, gonorrhea, vaginal inflammation etc. it could also be due to Mirena, disease of endometrium that is lining of uterus, polyps (mass) in uterus and cervix, fibroid tumors etc. You should consult an expert nearby for internal examinations.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.