Birth Control (Contraception) Community
is this normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

is this normal?

I had my mirena taken out a couple weeks ago. I have had issues since the day that o got it. I had it for 6 months. I went to the doctor last week and she told me I have cysts. I have one in full swing and I had another rupture. I'm scared. And I don't know what to do. So I guess my question is. Is this normal? Between the pain from those and the cramping I'm constantly in pain. And my doctor also told me I have to eggs waiting to drop. Could I get pregnant from these?
Thank you.    
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
Ovarian cysts are common as long as Merina is in place. They are usually harmless and disappear in a month or two. However few cysts may cause pain and may require surgery. Ovarian cysts can cause severe pain if it becomes large, bleeds or is ruptured during sexual intercourse or is twisted. Surgical removal is indicated for complex ovarian cysts that don't go away, cysts that are causing symptoms and do not go away or simple ovarian cysts larger than 5-10 cms.Pregnancy is possible with any unprotected intercourse. Do clarify your concerns with your treating gynecologist. Keep us posted.
Best luck and regards!