Birth Control (Contraception) Community
is this normal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

is this normal

i have the nexplanon implant fitted anout 5 week ago, i had it fitted while i was on my period that i had just started, after i had it fitter i was on my period for 3 weeks, i had a week after those 3 that i wasnt spotting or bleeding but now i'm back on. This is when i would be on normally but i just thought with 3 weeks of bleeding i wouldnt be on so early again, any help??
Tags: Period
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.
Implant may cause irregular bleeding and spotting and many women will experience some type of irregular, unpredictable, prolonged, frequent, or infrequent bleeding when using Nexplanon .This prolonged bleeding usually declines after the first three months of use. However, other women may experience this bleeding pattern through all three years of use. You have been bleeding excessively so it is best to notify your doctor about it. Do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Take care and warm regards!
So it's now been 5 monthsish since I've had the implant fitted and I am still bleeding I could be heavy (really heavy) for two weeks spot for one have a couple days of nothing and then I will be really heavy again. I am 18 and when I am on really heavy I get bad back pain stomach cramps and it is really staring to get me down that I am in pain and bleeding constantly. So you think that it would be best to get the implant taken out and go on another form of contraceptive or to try and persist with it