Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
is this possible?

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

is this possible?

I quit my birth control in December to try to conceive with my fiance. but I've heard if you get back on your birth control for about a month and then come off you have a higher fertility rate. is that true? I have been doing the ovulation test and so far they have all been negative since December. I don't know what to do I'm also taking prenatal vitamins.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to stay off of birth control if you are actively trying to conceive.  Give your body a few months to establish a regular cycle and then you can know better how to time intercourse with ovulation.  Check out our menstrual cycle and ovulation trackers under the "Health Tools" tab this site.  In the mean time, if you have intercourse approx every other day, you might get lucky enough to forget about all of the record keeping.
Good luck!
Dr B
also I don't understand how ovulation works do I ovulate every month? or is it possible for women to skip a month without ovulating.