Birth Control (Contraception) Community
iud

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

iud

i am a 34yr old mother of 4children, rangin from 18 to 22months..i had the copper coil in a few months ago and i am now finding myself very irritable and narky..i am constantly tired...can the coil cause these syptoms (symptoms)..i was told it can cause heavier periods and bad cramps which i am having ever since i had it implanted...my memory wouldnt be t greatest either...
The IUD could be the cause. You should definitely call your GYN because of the cramping and heavier periods--just to make sure they're the degree she/he expected. Irritability and snarkiness can be caused by a number of physiological, psychological, and/or environmental issues. I would be more irritable and fatigued if I had four children. But if your change in attitude and increased fatigue are concerning you, see your primary or GYN for an evaluation. Have your hormones and blood values (CBC and ferritin) checked to see if they're contributing to your fatigue, GYN symptoms, and attitude change. In the meantime, hang in there!