Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
late

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

late

I'm currently breastfeeding been doing it since birth my daughter is almost 5 months and have only seen one period is that normal or can I be pregnant again. Yes I was on the pill but stopped taking it after the first month.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the answer to your question is yes to both.  It is very common to have irregular periods while breastfeeding.  This makes it difficult to know when ovulation has resumed, and easy to conceive if you are not using birth control.
A pregnancy test would not be a bad idea, and some form of birth control may be appropriate if you are not ready for another one just yet.  Also, don't forget that emergency contraception is OK when you are breastfeeding.
Good luck!
Dr B
Yes!. U might be pregnant.I have 3 bbys and im prgnant right now. It happened to me twice already. I was breastfeeding my 2nd bby and when he turned a yr I found out I was 3 months preggo which right now he's 2 yrs 1/2... Then I was breastfeeding my 3rd bby till he turned a yr last November 24 2012 and found out I am pregnant again. So im going in my 4rd bby already :-)).... Breastfeeding can still get U pregnant unless ur so lucky U ain't...
ParaGard is a hormone free form of birth control. It's a copper IUD.