micro-gestin
I like getting a period every-single-month; it's a reminder or assurance that I'm not pregnant.  I have been told two different things by my Dr's nurse practitioner, 1: that so long as I get @ least spotting, I can rest easy & not worry that I'm pregnant. I don't have to have a fll blown period every month; they can get very light but should remain regular. & 2: that Microgestin is one of the pills women like because, over the course of time, it can stop periods & can also be the reasons for worrysome "symptoms" i've had (nausea, tinlging/tenderness of the breasts, absence of period).  I feel this feedback is contradictory and leaves me feeling usettled as I've now gone almost 2 months without a period and for the last 3wks have been not taking birthcontrol.  Can this pill cause me to NOT have a regular period?

Im not sure of all the questions and statements you have one here but I do know that when a girl is pregnant she can have her period or spot. It is usally a lot darker than a normal period and doesnt last as long.

Taking Microgestin can cause bleeding between periods (spotting) or missed/irregular periods, especially during the first few months of use.

You should take a pregnacy test just to make sure.

Also because you have stopped taking your birthcontrol, your cycle and body is changing. Which can also cause a change in your period.

Jade
Thank you Jade, and I'm sorry if my post was confusing.  I have been taking this form of birth control for about 1 & 1/2 years; so it's not really new to my body.  LIke I said, I liked getting monthly periods so that I knew I wasn't pregnant; I tend to be quite the Fertile Mertle :/ I had taken urine pregnancy tests, about 3 wks ago & to no surprise, they were negative.  I ALWAYS get negative results, no matter what, because it seems my body doesn't produce enough HCG to be detected from those test, until I am far along.  This is why I became reliant on blood serum tests given by my OB's office.  I went in for a blood test about 2.5 wks ago & it ws negative.  I'm still worried, though, because my period hasn't come and the "symptoms" are still here; intermitently.  I guess I'll just have to wait until 7/27 when I go in for another blood serum test.  I dont understand, though, why I was given mixed information;  I'm supposed to be regular on Microgestin & I can miss & even eliminate periods on Microgestin, ugh!
Well IF you are pregnant the test results of your pregnancy test would have been negative if you took it to early, you are supposed to take it after your missed period.

As well men tend to do things to a womans body. Because of the birth control that you are on and if you have had sex... with out protection or an oops your body may be confused.

Also when you take birth control you dont always get the same period or symptoms of your up coming period. So you may just not be used to what is going on.

For example for a long time i was on birth control ... and every month my symptoms of it coming up were different. One month i would have no symptoms, the next my boobs would hurt ... and the next i would get the hole nine yards of me thinking i was pregnant and i wasent my body was just reacting differently.

Your Ovulation changes as you get older... it may be a strong egg, or a dud, that can also change what happens to your body.
Thank you :)