mirena coil
Hello I am 18 and I have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) and have recently had the coil inserted three weeks ago ever since my bleeding has been constant and stupidly heavy. However, I have realized that this is a mistake. The reason being because me and my partner really want a baby. How long before you can fall pregnant after the removal? Will it make my PCOS worse?
I had an IUD placed after my first born. I had it removed when she was 12 months and became pregnant before I had my first period.

I have heard that it sometimes takes a few months in order to regulate your cycle again, and with each cycle you typically have a 25 % chance of becoming pregnant if you an isolate your ovulation and plan accordingly. I choose to use the clear blue easy fertility monitor and was able to pin point my ovulation, which happened rather quickly. This is not always the case, but this is what happened to me.

However, with the PCOS you may not ovulate regularly. Have you considered speaking with your OBGYN about getting the coil removed?  I wish you and your partner the very best :)
Fertility returns soon after removal of the IUD. Hence if you are having heavy bleeding which can be a side effect of the IUD, you should get it removed. For conception, firstly PCOS should be treated. One of the most effective treatments is use of contraceptive pills or progesterone pills. It can also be treated surgically and this procedure is known as drilling. Try losing weight as it helps a lot to normalize menstruation. Try conceiving between 8-21 days of your cycle as it is fertile period. You may also try a pelvic laparoscopy to treat anovualtion if you don`t ovulate.

Glucophage affects the action of insulin and is useful in reducing a number of the symptoms and complications of PCOS and also useful in the management of irregular periods, ovulation induction, weight loss, prevention of type 2 diabetes, and prevention of gestational diabetes mellitus in women with PCOS.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.