Birth Control (Contraception) Community
mirena

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

mirena

I had mirena put in November and i was bleeding for a month and it stoped and then a few days later it started again but lasted a few days and now it stopped again. Is it gonna conutine doing this or is it gona stop?
I thought mine would not stop and it has recently it works. Every woman should have this implant there would be a lot less unwanted births and less worry for all.
I had my mirena since 5/08 and my first period afterwards was the worst I ever had in my life. Then it got lighter and after about 4 months my period came every other month and it was only spotting for a couple of days. The main reason I got mirena was to lessen or stop my periods.
i've had my mirena for almost 4 months now. my bleeding is still irregular and i'm spotting but it's NOTHING like it was before i was pregnant. my first period afterwards was horribly heavy and lasted for 2-3 weeks (plus i was still bleeding a bit from giving birth 6 weeks earlier) but now i have no cramps, i've gained no weight....i love my mirena. i can't wait till my af is gone. or at least a lot lighter. which it's starting to get there.
i had mirena in for nine months and bleed every day until i had it removed i hated that thing it was so painful
i had the mirena put in on march 1 2011. i was on my third day of my period. i have had no cramps, headaches whatsoever, the nausea i've had since before the mirena was put in but after it was put in my period stopped for five days then after that for three weeks i have had my period but today it has almost stopped. i hope this will soon make my periods more manageable, and its comforting to know i won't get pregnant for five years since i already have three boys.