Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
nuva or lo loestrin fe

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

nuva or lo loestrin fe

Hello! I am 21 years old I was on nuva ring for about four years and never had any problems with it. I took a year off and recently restarted the ring but this time I've been on it for about five months and I felt sort of weird at first but these last three months I've gained 15 pounds , had hair loss, no sex drive, and worse of all I get VERY agitated at the littlest things. I am so sad and annoyed lately!! I tried talking to my doctor for two weeks now but he's been "busy" so they wrote him a note of my concerns and he had me pick up lo loesterin fe. ( note the lo and fe).. I wish he could have assured me of my worries, does anyone know if lo loestrrin f
Hi!
All of the symptoms that you mentioned can be caused by the ring.  Unfortunately, they can also be caused by oral contraceptive pills.  The pills can also have the side effect of nausea and potentially constipation (the "fe" stands for iron in Loestrin fe).
With any hormonal contraceptive, you are going to have some side effects, so the way to go about choosing which to use, is to choose the one the is the best trade off for you (eg. the side effects for the contraceptive benefit).
Finally, because you used the method before with no problems, SOME of your symptoms may be situational too--so consider some stress reduction!
Good luck!
Dr B
It didn't let me finish.. does anyone know if love loesterin will make me less agitated and less fat?
Lo loesterin fe **OMG I need a new phone