Birth Control (Contraception) Community
ovulation after abortion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

ovulation after abortion

i just had an abortion on the 23 of august. i wanted to know when i would start ovulating again. &&&

stupidly my bf and i had unprotected sex. so is there a risk of getting pregnant?
I also had an abortion in April, you ovaluate right away after an abortion.  Get on BC, I did.
it depends on when your cycle would have normally been. I had a abortion in 2006 and didnt ovulate for a month. Everyone is different. Go see the gyno.
Just had an abortion last week and had protected sex and on the pill five days later and OMG had a pregnancy test and it's positive.    I am so depressed as I am not ready to have a baby just now.  HELP!!!!!!!
Hi, I think that it can take two weeks for your hormones to settle after an abortion so even though you may not still be pregnant, the hormone is still there.  I would wait at least another 10 days then re-test.  If coming back positive, go to you family planning and they will advise you of the next step.  Not to alarm you, but there is a risk that abortion may not be 100% effective so this may also be the reason for the positive test.  Please don't be depressed, I understand this is a very emotional time for you but everything in life can be sorted out and this stressful time won't last forever.  I thought it was the end of the world when it happened to me, I kept looking in the mirror to see if my belly had grown, checking my nipples to see if they looked different, etc I made myself ill with worry.  If you are taking birth control and using protection not to get pregnant then at least its 99% chance you wont get pregnant.  The chances are more on your side.
i had an abortion last month..after dat i still feel that theres somethings in my stomach that keeps on moving..and most of the tym i though dat i was going 2 vammit but its not i just verp and feel much better..i take already a pregnancy test twice and dsame result negative but the 2nd line is not clearly seen dats y i am bader..if its negative or positive..