Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
patch while not knowing pregnant

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

patch while not knowing pregnant
i had a baby 7 weeks ago and i have had intercourse without protection a couple times. i havent gotten my period yet and my doctor gave me a rx for the birth control patch. i hope im not pregnant again but if i am and i start using the patch could it harm the baby? or should i wait to get a period before starting the patch .
HI!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to go ahead and start the patch.  You may not get a periods for awhile if you just delivered, and could well get pregnant before you ever get a period.  There has never been any documented harm from birth control use (pills/patches) during pregnancy.
Hope this helps!
Dr B