Birth Control (Contraception) Community
period/ birth control

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

period/ birth control

Im 24yrs old.  Ive been on loestrin 24 fe for 5yrs now since I had my son. My periods are usually light and lasting no more than 4 days. Ive currently been on my period for 17 days and counting. Im very fatigued. I have thalassemia B trait and concerned about anemia and whats causing my period to be this long. Please help....
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? Prolonged menstruation may be attributed to a variety of issues such as hormone changes, birth control side effects, gynecological issues as well as presence of underlying medical conditions.  Thalassemia may also present symptoms that are usually the result of anemia and may include increased heart rate, tiring easily, dizziness, irregular or absence of menstruation. It is best that you check with your doctor for proper evaluation. Diagnostic tests such as blood tests to rule out anemia may need to be done. Take care  and do keep us posted.