Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
please help!!

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

please help!!
I have been taking the birth control pill for 3 months but last time i took 4 pills and stop then i got my period in the day 12, that day i had sex and stat taking the birth control pill again...is there any risk to be pregnant? Should i take tha after day pill? Or this day counts like the day 1 on my period?

Thanks for the help!
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would have to admit that I don't fully understand your question, but here is my interpretation:  You started the pill, but discontinued it, and then had a period.  You then had intercourse and now are wondering whether to take emergency contraception.  IF I understood you correctly, then I would say--yes taking Plan B or Next Choice would be a good idea to prevent an unplanned pregnancy.  IF you have been taking the birth control pills continuously as directed for the past 3 months, then you should not need emergency contraception too.
Good luck!
Dr B