pop's pill
Last week my doctor gave me the POP's pill (the mini pill) . I always took the combined birth control pill, but my doctor and me decided that i start the mini pill. He told me to finish the pack i got left, including the inactive pills (i asked him twice) and then start with the new one. Now i read everywhere that you should start that pill when you done with the 3 weeks of active pill and don't take the inactive pills. I took 2 of my inactive pills so far, and now i don't know what i should do. I was just reading about that... Should i do it like the doctor told me or what should i do? If i do it like the doctor told me is the pill working right away?
I'm sure your doctor told you what is alright for the pill.  If you want to be sure, you could go ahead and use back-up birth control for the recommended amount of time the progesterone only pill recommends for when starting it.  What does the insert say?