Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
possibility of getting pregnant in non fertile period

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

If I do not use any birth control tools in non fertile period (5th to 9 th & 17 th to 27th day) is there any chance to get pregnant?
Hi!
IF you were my patient, I would advise you that there is always a possibility of pregnancy--even with birth control.  Many couples successfully use Natural Family Planning for years, but many of them also have large families!
If your cycle is regular this method is much more effective.  IF irregular, I definitely would NOT rely on timing.
Don'f forget that emergency contraception--Plan B, Next Choice, etc is available too.
Good luck!
Dr B