Birth Control (Contraception) Community
pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

pregnancy

How likely is it to be pregnant while taking birth control pills. Sometimes I don't take them at the same time and I was 3 days late kept taking my period pills and started bleeding really lightly and I've had stomach cramping n my boobs are sore and I never cramp or boobs Burt before my period is it possible that I am pregnant and the pills just made me start bleeding like they was supposed to?
if you miss a pill or pills. your chances of getting pregnant are very high. even though you are on birth control. if you miss one or two pills, you can get pregnant. I have never had that happen. but some women it does happen to.
Hi pinkster,

You ask, " how likely is it to pregnant while taking birth control pills? "
Actually, it is possible to become pregnant while on birth control pills if
you miss taking pills or don't take them as your doctor prescribed.
If you want them to work properly, you have to them them properly.
If you don't want to become pregant for whatever reason, your partner
needs to do his part too, i.e. wear a condom, atleast it's preferred.
Not every man likes wearing a condom. However, a condom can protect
you from STD's ( sexually transmitted diseases). Be well. Eve :)
The typical use failure rate for the combined pill is 8% per year, which means that you have an 8% chance per year of getting pregnant if you're like most people and don't take them properly.  This is still much better than the 85% chance with no birth control, but you should consider other methods if you can't take a pill reliably.  The patch is changed once a week, and the NuvaRing once a month.  An IUD can stay in for 5 years.  And using condoms is always a good idea.  

If you don't take your pills properly, especially if you miss several days, you can end up with spotting.  That's probably all that's happened, but if you miss a period (most pack instructions say if you miss two periods in a row), you should take a pregnancy test.  They aren't accurate if taken too soon before a missed period, by the way, and make sure you follow all of the instructions.