Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
prenatal vitamins

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

prenatal vitamins
My last cycle was March 6. I have been taking prenatal vitamins since about October of last year. I got a new box today. There were two bottles in it. 1 bottle was the prenatal vitamins. The other bottle was something that had dha in it. I'm not pregnant but I'm trying to conceive. Does dha help with ovulation? What exactly does dha do?!
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that , DHA is probably MORE important for the woman who is already pregnant, or nursing.  It is an omega 3 fatty acid that is a structural component of the human brain and is given as a supplement to help with development of the brain of the fetus and newborn.
It certainly won't hurt you to take it either, but more important for baby.
Good luck!
Dr B