Birth Control (Contraception) Community
question-IUD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

question-IUD

What are the chances of being pregnant if my merena fell out today? I don't think its been properly placed for about 2-3 weeks
There is always a chance of being pregnant if you have unprotected sex. you can either call a doctor or wait a few weeks to find out if AF comes.
Avatar n tn
Do you think it still protects against pregnancy even not being properly placed? or still releases the hormone? I plan on calling my dr on Monday. I was kind of caught off guard by it coming out and truly kind of mad. I remember checking it not that long ago and i could actually feel the strings  and putting 2 and 2 together today after it had come out, the strings were to where i could have grabbed them when i did check it.