Birth Control (Contraception) Community
should i take a pregnancy test?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

should i take a pregnancy test?

i had my mirena iud inserted jan 27, 08.  before that i was very regular, like clock work.  for about 4 months i spotted every 2-3 weeks.  then i barely bled at all, just when i wiped i would see blood but it never came out on my clothes.  sometimes when i had sex, there would be pinkish on his penis.  it never really was consistant and i had no idea when it was going to happen.  nov 13, i started bleeding lightly and then i had it removed nov 14 because we are trying to have another baby. on nov 15 i started bleeding heavier and it lasted about 7 days.  no cramping which is very odd for me, i usually have to eat ibprefen like candy.  

was that my period or was that from me taking the iud out.  

for the last couple of days i have had alot of this creamy milky white mucus discharge. no odors, just feel really wet.  do you think i'm about to ovulate?  
i don't recall having this much discharge before ovulating before.
i have read on some people's forums that they say when pregnant you can get mucus discharge too????
i have a 7 year old daughter but i don't remember  if i got that when i found out i was pregnant then.  sorry.  

should i take a pregnancy test?  or am i being to wishful?
i just don't know when the last time i ovulated.

i don't usually have any problems being dry but this is alot of discharge.  it doesn't usually come on my panties but when i wipe, its enough to see it on the tissue even when i don't go to the bathroom.

please help me
you said you had it removed the 14th? you wouldnt get a accurate hpt. and if your trying to be pregnant hten of couse you should take a prengancy test
yes i had it out the 14th.  
i don't know if i had a "normal" period or if i was just bleeding cause i had it removed.  yes i was bleeding the day before but during the time i had the iud my period was random.  nothing regular about it. spotting 1 day, the next day nothing.  3 days later spotting again. 2 weeks spotting.   i don't know when i'm suppose to ovulate
you just had it taken out. its way to early to take a pregnancy test and tell you have to wait a few more weks. and even then its doubtful you will get pregnant right away.

wait awhile and then you will get a clear idea of when your periods are due and about when you would be ovulating
well i just got my period again last night 12/3.  i just got finished bleeding for 7 days so i don't understand.  maybe this is my REAL period?
if you got your full blown period then your not pregnant. i told you last time to take a test!!

stop guessing
i did take the test, it was negative on 12/2
i'm just confused cause i got my period the 13th before i had the iud removed so why would i have my period so soon after.  i bled for 7 days before heavy and this time is really heavy and very painful.
ok you said you got your period... i will repeat. if you had your period your not pregnant

you said you had the thing removed nov 14. it still might be too early to test if you were pregnant (whic i doubt bceause you had your period) you would have to WAIT and test
When you remove mirena it usually causes a little bit of bleeding because it was inside your cervix. Then your real period comes about 2-4 weeks afterwords.