spotting 2 weeks after period
Hi, I am 29 years old and I have been on birth control for the last two years. My last period was on April 24th 2013. Usually, while on the contraceptive, my period lasts for 4 days. After April 24th, I stopped using the pill. Today, after 2 weeks I noticed a pinkish-brownish discharge when I went to the washroom. However, after my period, which lasted about 5 days, there was a little brown discharge for a couple days and then it cleared up. Why is there a discharge again now? Help.
Hello and hope you are doing well,
A complete evaluation is necessary for determining the exact cause of your symptoms. The common cause is during ovulation minor bleeding from a broken follicle occurs and it can cause mild spotting. Hormonal imbalances, chronic endometritis, endometrial polyps, low thyroid levels all can cause this spotting. Visit a gynecologist for clinical examination and you may need blood tests to check thyroid and ovarian function, cervical biopsy, pap smear and pelvic ultrasound .Consult a gynecologist. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!