stopped the mini pill and still no period?
Hello all

I stopped taking the mini pill about a month ago due to side effects.I had only been taking it for 2 and a half months and in that time i had, had only one really light long period then my periods stopped.
Since stopping the mini pill i have still not had a period. Is this normal and does my body just need to regulate again?
My Dr has given me Loestrain to try next but i can't start this pill untill my next period, but i don't know when that will be. So i'm abit confused and then the constant thought of pregnancy is in my mind. But i know i took the mini pill at the same time every day without fail so i guess the chance of pregnancy is very low. Just need some advice.
Hi there,
Minipill is progesterone only pill. Once you are off minipills, your natural cycle is reestablished. It may take some time for your periods to come back after you stop taking the pill. Most women have their periods within two to four weeks after stopping the pill, but it varies in every individual .If you are doubtful about pregnancy take up urine/blood pregnancy test. That will be helpful. Visit a gynecologist for more queries and assistance. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!
Thanks. I've actually had some pms type symptoms over the last 2 days so I think af is about to arrive. Then I can start the new pills. So fingers crossed