Birth Control (Contraception) Community
the pill affecting my period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

the pill affecting my period

I started the pill on the 28th. For the first time because that's when my doctor said to start insted of when my period starts. My period is suppose to start on the 8th what should I expect? According to to the pills I'm not suppose to start till a few weeks later when I take the inactive pills.
You will likely not start your period until you take your active pills.  It could be a few days into the placebo pills before you even begin bleeding as well, so don't freak out if it doesn't start right away the first day or two of them.  Make sure you take your active pills at the same time every day for them to be most effective.  Also, don't miss a pill or you may have breakthrough bleeding even though you're continuing to take the pill daily but missed a day.