Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
the shot

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

the shot
is the shot a good form of birth control
H
If you were my patient,  i would advise you that the depo provera injection can be an excellent method of birth control.  It is 99% effective and requires only that the patient have 4 injections per year.  It is important to take a calcium supplement while using depo provera.  Weight gain is probably the worst side effect.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
I wouldnt advise it , I was on it and their are a lot of side effects that the doctors don't tell you about . If you use the depo for more then two years it can cause problems with you bones. Also if you do choose to get off of the depo I can take up to 1year+ to get your cycle back to normal .  To each their own but if I were you I would do some research before making your decision .