Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
ttc after Ortho Tri Cyclen

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

ttc after Ortho Tri Cyclen

I quit my birth control in December. I didn't have a regular menstrual cycle until February 10th. March 6 was my Menstrual cycle. But my husband is taking testosterone cypionate.
his doctor said he was fine taking it while trying to conceive. but everything I've read on the internet says different. I'm so confused. he takes approximately 200 milliliters a month. I think it might be less than that. can someone please help me or tell me if that affects his sperm count in anyway? his doctor said it doesn't. but all the pages on the internet says it does. I'm so lost
HI!
IF you were my patient, I would advise you that testosterone supplements  CAN affect sperm count and male fertility.  Probably the best way to find out in your case is for him to do a semen analysis.  This could be ordered by his doctor or yours.
Good luck!
Dr B
how long would he have to be off of them for his sperm count to get back to normal? he was off of them for almost 6 weeks. he had 1 shot last week. it was 3 ml. could you please tell me more about the testosterone cypionate.... we are trying to conceive.