urgent
I'm 18 and I just got on the birth control shot just yesterday, my doctor didn't tell me it had to be put on the first day of my period, and now my concern is that I might be pregnant, maybe two weeks or so and I don't know if taking a test will let me know whether I'm expecting but I don't think I am. The only thing is that if I am I don't want anything bad to happen to my baby, help please I don't know what to do...
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would recommend taking a pregnancy test now, and again in one and two weeks.  If those were all negative, I would not be concerned.  IF your test is positive, I would also reassure you that while we definitely do not recommend taking the shot while you are expecting, there have never been any significant birth defects reported as a consequence.
Either way you don't have to worry, but you do need to find out!
Good luck!
Dr B
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.