Birth Control (Contraception) Community
vaginal bleeding
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

vaginal bleeding

Hello,
So, I moved in with my fiance about 3 weeks ago. We had a long distance relationship before that. I went over a year without intercourse. Since we have moved in we have been having intercource every night or every other night. I have had the Implanon contraceptive since July 2011. I understand this type of birthcontrol can cause irregular bleeding but I feel like this might be different. I ended my period 3 or 4 days after I moved here so abour 2.5 weeks ago. Everytime we have intercourse I bleed Kind of the regular amount as my period during intercourse but it doesnt hurt than I spot for several hours later along with cramping. The cramping gets worse everytime and I usually doent have cramping with my period. Should this be cause for concern or should i just take it as the irregular bleeding side effect from my birth control? Thank you for your time!
Hi there,
Irregular bleeding, fewer and lighter periods, increased spotting and light bleeding between periods are few of the common side effects of Implanon. Bleeding after sex can indicate some serious problem. Pelvic inflammatory disease,STIs,atrophic vaginitis, cervical or endometrial polyps, cervical erosions are few common causes of bleeding after sex.Depending on your detailed symptoms and medical history your doctor may recommend a pelvic examination and tests like urine examination, pregnancy test and cervical screening tests. Only after a detailed clinical evaluation it can be determined whether this bleeding is due to implanon or some other cause. Hope it really helps. Do keep us posted.
Take care and regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birth Control (Contraception) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank