Birth Control (Contraception) Community
wanting a baby

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

wanting a baby

i was on the nuva ring for a year and a half and now my husband and i are trying to get pregnant. i've been off the ring since september 2009 and we're having no luck conceiving. i'm just wondering how long it might take to conceive. i've read that it might take as long as a year, is that really true? and is there anything we can do to better our odds of getting pregnant?  
It depends on the person. I as on nuvaring from april 2009-october2009. I got pregnant on november 5th!! So it only took a month. My husband and I had sex every day (yes there was the odd day we didnt but it was everyday for the most part) I laid in bed for about 15 minutes after sex before getting up and cleaning down there. Dont just have sex "when your ovulating" as you have better luck having sex at all times of your cycle so you know you dont miss your O day. Make sure you are taking Folic acid pills or prenatal vitamins NOW. You wont find out you are pregnant untill you are about 4 weeks and by that time the baby is already forming and its important to have the right stuff already in your system.
Good luck! Im sure it will happen soon though stressing about it and worrying wont help. Some people dont conceive for up to two years after going off bc and thats normal too but Im sure it wont take long.
Thank you Lucey! I don't know anyone who has ever been on the nuvaring so you really helped me out a lot!