what happens if you take the pill too early?
I was instructed by my doctor to start taking the pill the first day of my period.  Two days before my expected period I had some bleeding and I thought it was my period so I took the first pill.  A few hours later I realized that I had not gotten my period but must have just spotted.  I continued to take the pills regularly, I have taken five so far.  (My doctor said that it would be ok to continue to take them).  

My question is, how does this affect my cycle?  Should I expect some bleeding?  My doctor mentioned that there would be "irregularness" whether I stopped it and waited till my period to start the pills again or if I continued but he wasn't specific.  Is it probable that I won't ever get this period that hasn't came yet?  I just don't know what to expect and it's making me nervous.  Has this ever happened to anyone else?  Any help or advice would be hugely appreciated!
Just keep taking the pill.  You may or may not have some irregular bleeding this cycle.  Don't worry about it.  

Just take one pill a day, and when you get to the inactive pills (or the last week), you should get some sort of menstrual type bleeding during that week.  

hello, the same thing just happend to me - I thought I would have my period and started with hormonal contraception (I don´t take the pill but the NuvaRing). Now I realized that it wasn´t my period at all and I didn´t got my period since I started taking the NuvaRing (1 week ago).
My questio is: how about birth-control?? will I now need to use another contraception-method or does hormonal contraception also work when you start taking it without having your period?