Birth Control (Contraception) Community
what happens if you take the pill too early?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

what happens if you take the pill too early?

I was instructed by my doctor to start taking the pill the first day of my period.  Two days before my expected period I had some bleeding and I thought it was my period so I took the first pill.  A few hours later I realized that I had not gotten my period but must have just spotted.  I continued to take the pills regularly, I have taken five so far.  (My doctor said that it would be ok to continue to take them).  

My question is, how does this affect my cycle?  Should I expect some bleeding?  My doctor mentioned that there would be "irregularness" whether I stopped it and waited till my period to start the pills again or if I continued but he wasn't specific.  Is it probable that I won't ever get this period that hasn't came yet?  I just don't know what to expect and it's making me nervous.  Has this ever happened to anyone else?  Any help or advice would be hugely appreciated!
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
Just keep taking the pill.  You may or may not have some irregular bleeding this cycle.  Don't worry about it.  

Just take one pill a day, and when you get to the inactive pills (or the last week), you should get some sort of menstrual type bleeding during that week.