Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
why no period?

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

why no period?
I need advice...

I am currently on the Pill Yaz since my baby was born 2 years ago. Never had a problem with it at all.

I had to go on antibiotics two weeks ago. And my had my Wisdom's came out. Ever since I have been getting these terrible headaches.

On Monday evening the 11th March I was supposed to Start my period. But it didn't it only started on Wednesday late morning. I had no cramps what so ever. Then suddenly Thursday afternoon my period stopped??

Why did I only have a 1 1/2 day period? I heard that when on antibiotics your pill does not work. So I thought that I must be pregnant. So I took a home Pregnancy test. It was negative...

So what happened to my period? My stomach is swollen and bloated. Looking as if I'm pregnant. Do you think the test was faulty?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to have your test repeated.  I would also advise you to go back to your dentist.  You may have an infection or other problem causing the headaches.  MOST types of antibiotics that are commonly used DO NOT reduce the efficacy of the pill, and you symptoms could be due to stress, but a repeat test would be a good idea.
Good luck!
Dr B