Blood Disorders Community
82ND Abn. vet

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

82ND Abn. vet

After getting out of they military I let myself get out of shape, last year after getting up to a whopping 227, I started working out again, got down to 177 in 6 months. Last week I went to see the VA doctor for another cortisone shot, and her tells me, my cpk level its 3 times higher than normal from blood work taken in Feb. (why I want told in Feb. No clue) then her asked if I had hepatitis shot,I said, doesn't everyone in military, and her said "I was joking", really? My muscles Lil sore, but I'm in great shape, more blood work to beer done on tues. Stopped working out cuz I read something bout a hormone Cortisol, should I be worried?
Hi!
Well, maybe in Feb, the CPK levels were normal. Now they are on higher side and thrice the value in Feb.
Diseases like hypothyroidism, or heavy exercise or drinking alcohol in the recent past before the test can show an abnormally high CPK. Hence this aspect has to be ruled out. If CPK is high, ask your doctor for a CPK isoenzyme test. CPK-1 or CPK-BB is elevated in brain or lung pathology. CPK-MB or CPK-2 in heart pathology and CPK-3 or CPK-MM is elevated if skeletal muscles are the cause (used to differentiate dermatomyositis and polymyositis). Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.