Blood Disorders Community
Anemia and fever at night?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

Anemia and fever at night?

I just found out I am Anemic RDW.CV-15.4 Hemoglobin-11.0 Hemacrit -33.9 Lymphocytes .78 I dont think these are horrible results though according to my dr. I have had a fever sometimes during the day and every single night for a month now. Not high  99.8-100.6 but during the day and night I am SO achy and tired!!  I am on 800mg/3 a day for 2 weeks now and have 2 more weeks to go....I also have MS and Celiac......does any of this make sense to you?
Hi!
First of all you need to find the cause of anemia. So your iron status, vitamin B12 and folate levels should be checked and peripheral blood film checked. Also, presence of celiac disease can cause low grade fever. Other than this, evening rise in temperature is generally due to anemia, diabetes, hypothyroid states, overwork, stress and fatigue. It is also seen in diseases like tuberculosis. So, anemia and celiac could be causing the evening rise. Keeping both under control will help treat the fever. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Have you any infection? I have had a respiratory infection for about two months. I was also slightly anemic when tested in early January. I had fever on two days, and then at a few nights. I still have coughing at nights and in mornings. I have been thinking whether I have been suffering from pneumonia (with only slight fever). (I do have chronic sinusitis.) I have dyspnea, it has not vanished, today it has been bad. I have to drink lots of water, because I tend to become dehydrated. - Drinking water has sometimes abolished pain and some other symptoms.
I experience fever during the day and night and dizziness during the day. I took chloramphenicol and when i met my doctor he told me that it might have destroyed my bone marrow. And now am experiencing fever uring the day and night. What is the cause.