Blood and vascular
I have by Doppler test been told I have blocked leg arteries. I have not yet had an angiogram. I am due to fly for four hours in two weeks. Any advice please?
Hi!
There are many things to be considered after a recent clot formation or if you have deep vein thrombosis. One is the risk of another clot. This can be assessed by doing coagulation profile and INR study. If these are within normal limits, risk of another clot forming or the present clot breaking is less. Also, walking on the plane, using compression stockings is helpful. It is always advisable to use hopping flights. This allows some movement in between flights.
You must take your doctor’s permission before flying. You may be put on blood thinners and asked to use compression stockings. You will need to walk around the plane. You can also raise the legs to seat level by asking for fron seat and raising your leg on something. Ask your doctor about other precautions. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you very much
Thank you for your advice. I did ask my GP for advice too. Much appreciated.