Blood in the sperm
Hi, a few months ago my husband was diagnosed with deep vain thrombosis and he underwent treatment for three months injecting himself daily to thin his blood. Along the way he developed blood in his sperm and when he talked to his Dr, he told him that it was normal in some cases and that it would change once he stops the injections after his treatment. Its been two months now since he stopped the treatment and his thrombosis is gone but the scary part is that he still has blood in his semen. There are times when he gets tinny blood clots in his semen and others its dark blood that comes out. We were trying to get pregnant but we had to stop because he gets more blood coming out than the semen. I am really worried about his condition. Can anyone assist me with this, i don't know what to do and he won't go back to the Dr to check why this problem still persists. Please, i need some answers if there is anyone out there who knows anything about it, kindly i beg for your help.
Your husband needs immediate evaluation as blood in sperms is not normal and should be evaluated thoroughly. Blood in semen is called hematospermia. It can occur due to many conditions such as infections, swellings (inflammations), cysts, stones & other obstructive lesions, and benign or non-benign tumors of the organs of the genitourinary system (involving the bladder, urethra, the testicles, the seminal vesicles, the epididymis, the prostate gland etc).

Investigations include blood tests, routine & culture tests of urine & semen, ultrasound & MRI scans of genitourinary system, and histopathological tests (FNAC, biopsy etc).

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.