Blood Disorders Community
Blood infection

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

Blood infection

Allright so i was at my local surf life saving club, and i had to move a fridge out of a room. After moving it, I realised there was a lot of blood (the blood smelled bad and it had a brown darkish colour) on the floor ( supposedly some animal blood like cows, lamb or beef that we had ate) and in the fridge where it had been so i took the fridge out of the room and cleaned it. While doing all that, i was barefoot (no shoes, no socks, i was at the beach) and i had a few minors cut, like half a centimeter long on my feet, nothing serious at all and they wont bleeding, they just looked red. While taking the fridge out and cleaning it, my cuts didnt have actual contact with blood, but the blood was everywhere, and i use water to wash it off so it might have splashed on my foot and cuts so im really not sure if i had contact with it. That happened on saturday. On sunday, i was starting to get worried that i might have caught a blood disease (i have a minor case of OCD), and i started to do some research.While doing some research, i landed on bacterial infection and rabies and i started getting really worried. On sunday evening, my feet felt weird (maybe my imagination). Waking up monday (today), my feet felt weird again, and they were sore and it hurted a bit when i walked). Please reply to this as soon as possible as i am getting worried! thanks.
Hi!
I can appreciate your worries. Well, if there was blood and it was old, then it could be infected with bacteria. However, it is unlikely to cause viral infections like Hepatitis B or C or HIV or similar infections.
In all probability the foot is feeling weird because of the cuts causing a dry or stretch feeling. You could apply a local antibiotic cream as a precaution. Use a good moisturizer and if the feeling is persisting, show this to a doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.