Blood Disorders Community
Blood pressure and Cholesterol treatment
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood pressure and Cholesterol treatment

. I am a 62 year old male. I take 40mg simvastatin for cholesterol , also 10mg amlodipine and 40 mg lisinopril for blood pressure . what are side effects?
As well as this I have received letter from my Doctor stating that my medication is changing from 40 mg Simvastatin to 10 mg Atorvastatin .
.BP and cholesterol is under control.
Issues I have in recent years is significant and worsening swelling of ankles and legs , as well as Erectile dysfunction . Is there any better drugs or treatment?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker while lisnopril is an angiotensin converting enzyme(ACE) inhibitor. Both groups of drugs and simvastatin are unlikely to cause erectile dysfunction. However yes, all three of them can cause swelling of ankles. Talk to your doctor. You can change your medications. Among antihypertensives you need to avoid  thiazides , beta blockers and alpha blockers.
High blood pressure and reduced blood supply to penis can also cause erectile dysfunction. Hence consult an urologist too. Take care!
Blank
4226412_tn?1351365912
Hi Same With Me I Am To See My Doctor Next Week,I'm Not Very Happy With The Situation!Regards
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blood Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...