Blood/vascular
My husband has to be admitted tomorrow because we found out he has gangrene in 4of his toes,but the 4th one kinda healed up,and the big toe is fine no discoloration or nothing, but the surgeon is saying all of them has to go,I don't think the 5th versa toe should go,so I'm gonna request them to do a MRI or CT-scan to see how far the gangrene has traveled,if they refuse that what should be my next step to see that they do that,because this hospital is known for cutting off wrong body parts,or use the pts. For quinea pigs,and he has chronic hydronephrosis to his L kidney from a operation they did on him 5 years ago,left him like that,and he has ishemic matters to the aorta,so should they do a EKG as well before this surgery,he's a 66 years,c-7 quadriplegia.please respond back,I am very concerned.
Hi!
Regarding other tests for gangrene, I have answered. If your husband has kidney and aorta problems then yes, he should have a detailed pre-anesthetic check up which should involve kidney function tests and imaging, heart related enzymes, imaging, ECHO etc along with a detailed examination of his nervous system. If you are worried about the hospital then be cautious at each step and demand full explanation of what is being done before signing your consent. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.